UK: Diageo gives Smirnoff Black regal redesign
The company said yesterday (10 January) that the bottle will be given a "regal gold eagle crest overlain with the black Smirnoff banner", and include references to 'Small Batch' and feature the additional word 'Black' upon its label.
Diageo GB Smirnoff Black brand manager Hugh Pile said: "This new design, with its regal yet sleek contemporary look, further reinforces the brand's quality and premium cues, increases visual impact and should ensure even greater appeal to the target audience of 25- to 35-year-old men."
Throughout the first half of this year, to support the launch of the revised bottle, Diageo has said it plans to double its above-the-line investment in its Smirnoff Black vodka brand.
Between February and July, the Smirnoff Black print advertisement 'Fat Glass' will be launched across specialist national and style press, the company said.
Smirnoff Black retails in the UK off-trade at GBP15.99 (US$31.32).
The entry of Diageo into the Irish whiskey market has further enlivened a sector already growing steadily thanks to the efforts of the other major global spirits force, Pernod Ricard. And a new report...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week included news on V&S and A-B and cost pressures at Cott, whilst whisky dominated the spirits headlines....
Diageo has begun trialling two new vodka flavours in a select number of pubs and bars in the UK....
The Pocket Shot Company has entered into an alliance with spirits distributor Pocket Distribution in Europe....
Global financial services firm UBS has downgraded its rating on Diageo to 'neutral' from 'buy', according to dealers....
Castle Brands has posted a sharp rise in net losses, despite a slight lift in sales in its latest fiscal year....
The Glenmorangie Company has signed an agreement with Diageo for the sale of its 33-acre Broxburn facility in a bid to withdraw from the bottling and sale of blended Scotch whisky....
Diageo is introducing a Black Label Limited Anniversary Edition collector's bottle for its Johnnie Walker whisky brand, to celebrate 100 years of the Striding Man....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts