UK: Diageo gives Baileys Christmas push with TV ad
A still from the new Baileys ad
Diageo is set to launch its first UK Christmas TV advert in five years for its Baileys Original Irish Cream brand with a modern take on The Nutcracker ballet.
A two-minute version of the ad will air on Saturday (16 November) exclusively on Channel 4, Diageo said today. The full-length advert will then be available on Baileys' Youtube channel and across UK commercial channels as a 60-second spot from 25 November, Diageo said.
The group said it “re-imagines the familiar Christmas tale as a cool, sophisticated fable for a modern audience”.
A spokesperson for Diageo said total spend on the ad was not being disclosed.
The spot is part of the Baileys marketing campaign “Cream With Spirit”, launched last year.
It looks like 2014 is shaping up to be the year of surprises in the spirits industry. First up, in January, we saw Beam Inc head in a direction that few of us foresaw. Then, today, Whyte & Mackay has ...
After months of speculation, a buyer for Scotch whisky producer Whyte & Mackay finally emerged today (9 May). Philippines-based Emperador Inc has agreed to acquire the business from Diageo-controlled ...
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends