INDIA: Diageo gets regulatory nod for Pioneer Distilleries move
Diageo wants full control of Pioneer
Last month, the UK-headquartered group and United Spirits said they would make an open offer for INR157.9m (US$2.65m) worth of Pioneer's shares. The tender period will start on 28 August and end on 11 September.
“Diageo can confirm that the MTO document has been through the standard SEBI (Securities and Exchange Board of India) review and clearance process," a company spokesperson told just-drinks yesterday (20 August).
The move follows Diageo last month becoming the biggest shareholder in United Spirits, upping its stake to 25.02%. This week, the group's former CEO Paul Walsh was appointed a non-executive director on the United Spirits board.
Following a flurry of activity in the Tequila sector last month, has Diageo finally returned to the point it had previously reached when it handled Jose Cuervo? Richard Woodard compares then to now....
The flavoured vodka category has been a growth engine of the spirits sector for some time, but new research from just-drinks suggests that the sub-category no longer represents the easy route to growt...
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends