GLOBAL: Diageo gets Ketel One deal go-ahead
The US Federal Trade Commission has finally given Diageo the green light to push through its partnership with the Nolet family and the Ketel One vodka brand.
In March, the FTC made a request for additional information under the US Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act in connection with Diageo's agreement with the Nolets to form a 50/50 company for the sale and distribution of Ketel One.
The clearance, announced today (5 June), now allows Diageo to proceed with the transaction, which will cost the drinks giant US$900m. Diageo said it expects the purchase and partnership creation, which will result in the newly-formed company owning the perpetual global rights to sell, market and distribute Ketel One, to complete on Monday (9 June).
Magners Cider was a phenomenal, but seemingly short-lived, brand success story. As C&C Group seeks to recover from the boom and bust experience that befell its cider brand, it is looking to its spirit...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Diageo has confirmed that it is switching importers for its Guinness, Kilkenny and Smirnoff Ice brands in Japan....
The SPI Group has secured distribution of its Stolichnaya vodka brand in the UK and Greece....
Russian Standard has confirmed that it has taken independent control of its distribution in the US....
Diageo has confirmed reports that it has won a piracy case in China....
The spirits industry in the UK has attacked the latest duty increase introduced in the country in an attempt to ward off the global economic crisis....
Blavod Extreme Spirits has reversed its losses in the first six months of its current fiscal year....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report