US: Diageo gets Cabin Fever
Diageo has spent an undisclosed amount on Cabin Fever maple flavoured whisky
Diageo has acquired the Cabin Fever maple-flavoured whisky brand from the Robillard family in the US.
The company said today (7 June) that the move, for an undisclosed sum, delivers on the emerging growth trends of flavoured whisky and craft distilling within the US spirits market. The brand is currently only available in the north-east of the US but will roll out nationally towards the end of this year.
Cabin Fever will become the latest addition to Diageo’s catalyst division, which focuses solely on “high potential” brands. The Robillard family will “continue to be heavily involved in the brand”, Diageo said.
Cabin Fever is a 40% abv whisky available at a SRP of US$19.99 per 75cl bottle. The brand joins Bulleit Bourbon and Crown Royal as the North American brown spirit representatives in Diageo's portfolio.
Part two of this four-part management briefing on environmental sustainability in the wine sector looks at how the larger players play their part. ...
The penultimate part of this management briefing, which looks at environmental sustainability in the wine sector, looks at how the wine companies are pulling together to soften their collective footpr...
Of course, we all knew it was going to happen. Didn't we? Since almost exactly four years ago, when United Spirits and Diageo confirmed that they were discussing a partnership in India, it was alwa...
A new trade body representing spirits producers in Europe has been established following the merger of the European Spirits Organisation (CEPS) and the European Forum for Responsible Drinking (EFRD). ...
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018