US: Diageo gets Cabin Fever
Diageo has spent an undisclosed amount on Cabin Fever maple flavoured whisky
Diageo has acquired the Cabin Fever maple-flavoured whisky brand from the Robillard family in the US.
The company said today (7 June) that the move, for an undisclosed sum, delivers on the emerging growth trends of flavoured whisky and craft distilling within the US spirits market. The brand is currently only available in the north-east of the US but will roll out nationally towards the end of this year.
Cabin Fever will become the latest addition to Diageo’s catalyst division, which focuses solely on “high potential” brands. The Robillard family will “continue to be heavily involved in the brand”, Diageo said.
Cabin Fever is a 40% abv whisky available at a SRP of US$19.99 per 75cl bottle. The brand joins Bulleit Bourbon and Crown Royal as the North American brown spirit representatives in Diageo's portfolio.
Part two of this four-part management briefing on environmental sustainability in the wine sector looks at how the larger players play their part. ...
The penultimate part of this management briefing, which looks at environmental sustainability in the wine sector, looks at how the wine companies are pulling together to soften their collective footpr...
Of course, we all knew it was going to happen. Didn't we? Since almost exactly four years ago, when United Spirits and Diageo confirmed that they were discussing a partnership in India, it was alwa...
A new trade body representing spirits producers in Europe has been established following the merger of the European Spirits Organisation (CEPS) and the European Forum for Responsible Drinking (EFRD). ...
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- The global beer category - The facts
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research