US: Diageo gets approval for Malibu sale
The world's largest spirits company Diageo PLC announced today that it has been given the green light to sell its Malibu brand and business to rival Allied Domecq by the US Federal Trade Commission. The transaction, which was announced on 27 February 2002 is expected to close by Wednesday 22 May 2002. Diageo will receive £560m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Whisk(e)y leads vodka in US, but for how long?
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- William Grant opens Tullamore D.E.W. distillery
- Rabobank warns of "mountainous task" for Scotch