UK: Diageo GB invests in Guinness for summer
Speaking late last week, the drinks company said that it will spend GBP2m (US$4m) in an effort to push the stout in the country from May through to August. The campaign will include television, press and digital advertising in an effort to increase sales of Guinness.
"We enjoyed a very successful St Patrick's Day and spring rugby campaign across the trade," said Diageo GB senior brand manager for Guinness Steve Hamilton. "This new advertising campaign aims to increase consumer awareness of Guinness over the summer period and make the black stuff top-of-mind as consumers head out to enjoy barbecues with friends and relatives."
Earlier in the year, Diageo began a trial of its Guinness Red stout in 142 Mitchells & Butlers pubs across the UK.
The drinks giant launched the brand extension in a move that followed poor perfromances in the UK and Ireland. Volumes in the UK were down 1% in the year to 30 June, while in Ireland they slumped 8%.
On the back of a raft of acquisitions, Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) has grown to become a major force in both the Polish and Hungarian spirits markets. Bill Carey, the company's ch...
JP Morgan has started coverage of the European beverage sector, with the bank's top pick being the UK-based brewer SABMiller....
Bacardi is looking to focus on the premium status of its Dewar's Scotch whisky portfolio, with the opening of a new facility in Scotland....
The Boston Beer Company has posted a sharp fall in operating profit for its third quarter, despite a healthy lift in sales....
Davide Campari-Milano is eyeing the whisky category, according to reports....
Diageo Great Britain is looking to unveil what it claims to be the first fully integrated national responsible drinking campaign by a drinks company in the country this week....
Global drinks majors Diageo and Pernod Ricard have slashed the prices on their whiskies ranging from 10-37% depending on the state, expect in Maharashtra....
Following the launch of Blossom Hill, Guestier, Piat d'Or and Barton recently in India, Diageo has introduced its first domestic wine, Nilaya, last week....
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- This week in spirits & wine
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts