UK: Diageo GB creates sales director role
Diageo Great Britain has created a new sales position.
The unit said today (4 September) that David Smith will become sales director with immediate effect. The new role is a move to streamline the sales functions with the company, Diageo GB said.
In the new position, Smith will be responsible for managing the grocery, convenience, route to market, wholesale, on-trade retail and field sales teams as well as planning and operations.
Smith joined Diageo GB in 2000 as marketing director for Guinness. Since then he has held a number of sales and marketing roles including his most recent position as field sales director, with responsibility for Diageo GB's on-trade field sales team.
"I am thrilled to be taking on the role of sales director," said Smith. "It is an exciting opportunity and I am looking forward to the challenge of developing our sales division and working alongside my colleagues Benet Slay (managing director for GB) and Philip Almond (marketing director for GB) to further align sales to marketing to drive growth for both Diageo and our customers."
Prior to joining Diageo, Smith spent six years at Cadbury, working in various marketing roles including marketing controller. He spent the first five years of his career in Diageo with United Distillers UK.
In this month's Just the Answer interview, managing director of Beam UK Adrian McKeon spoke with Olly Wehring about the future of the Maxxium partnership, Beam's relationship with the notoriously hard...
Coinciding with the publication of Diageo's first-half results, this month's just-drinks interview is with Andrew Morgan, president of Diageo's European operations. Morgan took the opportunity to expl...
The vodka sector's capacity for growth, particularly in the US, appears unbounded, and the big spirits players are all keen to gain full advantage. Major companies have recently swooped for the Svedka...
Central European Distribution Corporation has reported soaring full-year profits for 2006 thanks to first-time contributions from acquisitions in Poland and Hungary....
Cognac producer Camus has struck a distribution deal in India with local spirits group Radico Khaitan....
India's UB Group has embarked on the due diligence of long-time quarry Whyte & Mackay, just-drinks understands....
Diageo is rolling out Hungarian liqueur Zwack to a second US state after a successful test launch....
Diageo has ceased production of its Bushmills Irish cream liqueur due to the dwindling popularity of the brand....
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends