UK: Diageo GB 'blokes up' spirits and mixers
Diageo Great Britain has unveiled a new style of spirits serve for the UK on-trade.
The company said it is looking to target 'mid-tempo' consumption occasions.
The longer serve of 16 ounces, announced today (11 August) has been designed to have a masculine appeal with a bias towards consumers aged between 24 and 35-years-old.
"Spirits and mixers are currently the most profitable drinks category in the on-trade," said Philippa Dickson, category development director at Diageo GB. "With more people enjoying mixed spirit drinks during mid-tempo occasions, there is an opportunity for licensees to further drive sales."
The range is part of a GBP4.5m (US$8.5m) category development marketing programme just started by Diageo GB. The programme begins this month in selected bars and pubs throughout the UK and will run into September. Licensees will be supported with point-of-sale posters, coasters and bar runners.
The glassware range is available in a 16oz and 12oz glass. For the 16oz glass, Diageo recommends a 50ml or 35ml spirit measure with 180/200ml mixer, while a 12oz glass should have a 35ml or 25ml spirit measure with 113/125ml mixer.
Diageo Chateau and Estate Wines is introducing a new Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand to the US market....
Diageo has unveiled a website for flagship Scotch whisky brand Johnnie Walker....
Diageo has averted industrial action at its Crown Royal distillery in Canada. Diageo North America reached an agreement with workers at the site in Gimli, Manitoba to avoid a strike scheduled for toda...
Diageo is set to make a concerted move into interactive marketing with the launch of its latest ad campaign for Guinness in the UK....
Independent Liquor has lined up a new chief executive to lead the New Zealand company following its sale to a private equity firm late last year....
The International Center for Alcohol Policies has appointed a chairman and vice-chairman....
Diageo has revealed the cost of its acquisition of a minority stake in Chinese spirits producer Sichuan Chengdu Quanxing Group Co....
Indian spirits group Radico Khaitan has reported a 22% jump in third-quarter profits....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Heineken seeks "clarity" in Indonesia
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets