UK: Diageo forced to renegotiate Burger King sell off
Texas Pacific Group (TPG), the buying consortium that was set to acquire the Burger King business from Diageo, has told the drinks giant that it will not be able to complete the acquisition of the fast food chain on the terms previously agreed. However, in a statement, Diageo said: "TPG and its partners expressed a desire to continue in discussions towards a transaction materially different as to terms and structure."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down