UK: Diageo forced to renegotiate Burger King sell off
Texas Pacific Group (TPG), the buying consortium that was set to acquire the Burger King business from Diageo, has told the drinks giant that it will not be able to complete the acquisition of the fast food chain on the terms previously agreed. However, in a statement, Diageo said: "TPG and its partners expressed a desire to continue in discussions towards a transaction materially different as to terms and structure."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Diageo bags Facebook unit boss as director