UK: Diageo forced to renegotiate Burger King sell off
Texas Pacific Group (TPG), the buying consortium that was set to acquire the Burger King business from Diageo, has told the drinks giant that it will not be able to complete the acquisition of the fast food chain on the terms previously agreed. However, in a statement, Diageo said: "TPG and its partners expressed a desire to continue in discussions towards a transaction materially different as to terms and structure."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- Comment - Coke Life: Hit or Miss?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Pernod Ricard swings at Portman Group
- Distell to take 26% stake in spirits firm KHEAL