VENEZUELA: Diageo fined $2m after anti-trust case
Venezuelan antitrust authorities have fined Diageo's operations in the country BOB3.748 billion (US$1.96m), after it found the drinks giant guilty of illegal competition practices.
Pro-Competencia fined Diageo Venezuela and the seven alcohol wholesalers a total of BOB5.384 billion for reportedly imposing a fixed alcohol price on retailers.
The Venezuelan authorities called on the alcohol sellers to free the market and to stop the illegal competition.
But in a statement released to just-drinks, a Diageo spokesperson said: "Diageo Venezuela obeys all applicable law. We are confident that we have not breached the antitrust law of Venezuela. As the leading drinks company in Venezuela, and as the primary exporter of Venezuelan rum, we will vigorously challenge this decision through the court system."
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Diageo is to launch a national advertising campaign for its gin band Tanqueray in the US....
Diageo is looking to change the image of one of its flagship brands in Colombia....
Diageo is to launch a new global advertising campaign for Smirnoff Ice. The first ad in the global campaign, 'Garden', launches in Great Britain on April 11th on terrestrial and satellite TV. ...
Diageo has completed another share buyback transaction....
Diageo's Smirnoff Signatures line of premixed cocktails is now available nationwide in the US....
Diageo is poised to cut back its presence in Germany, according to local reports....
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research