POLAND: Diageo eyes up Polmos Bialystok - report
Diageo may be in the hunt for Polmos Bialystok, according to local press reports. Citing a source close to the situation, newswire Puls Biznesu said yesterday (31 January) that the drinks giant may move in conjunction with local producer Polmos Lublin for the Polish spirits producer.
"Polmos Lublin and Diageo signed an agreement," the source told Puls Biznesu. "The British company may become the partner of the Polish one in the privatisation tender for Polmos Bialystok."
The newswire said neither Polmos Lublin nor Diageo would comment on the source's claims.
The Polish Treasury confirmed last week that it had received eight initial bids for a majority stake in Polmos Bialystok. The Treasury, which is selling at least a 51% stake, was reported to have said that bidders included US liquor distributor CEDC, Pernod Ricard, SPI Group, the Polish companies Polmos Siedlce, Polmos Lublin, Bols, Sobieski Dystrybucja and Alti Plus.
A shortlist will be published on 24 February whereafter due diligence can be undertaken.
Diageo is to launch a new global advertising campaign for Smirnoff Ice. The first ad in the global campaign, 'Garden', launches in Great Britain on April 11th on terrestrial and satellite TV. ...
Fideuram Wargny has upgraded its rating of Pernod Ricard to 'buy' from 'hold'. Its analysts argue that the merger talks with Allied Domecq is a catalyst for share growth....
Pernod Ricard is looking to acquire Allied Domecq....
Allied Domecq and Pernod Ricard have both been downgraded....
Diageo has completed another share buyback transaction....
E&J Gallo has announced a number of appointments within its European division....
Diageo's Smirnoff Signatures line of premixed cocktails is now available nationwide in the US....
Diageo is poised to cut back its presence in Germany, according to local reports....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets