UK: Diageo extends sponsorship of Guinness Premiership
The sponsorship of the league will extend up until the end of the 2009/10 season and will "further build on the association with the Guinness brand", the company said today (14 May).
Lee Bailey, Guinness sponsorship manager at Diageo GB, said: "We are delighted to have reached an agreement with Premier Rugby to extend our partnership for a further season. The last four years of the Guinness Premiership have been fantastic for us and we are proud to be the number one beer brand consumers associate with rugby in GB.
"Guinness and rugby is the perfect fit and we have a long association with rugby including sponsorship of the upcoming British & Irish Lions tour to South Africa, London Irish, Ireland RFU and the Hong Kong 7's and it is great to be continuing our commitment to the sport, especially as we celebrate our 250th year."
Premier Rugby chief executive Mark McCafferty said: "We are extremely pleased to have concluded this extension with Diageo. They have been a fantastic partner for the best part of four years and we are relishing the opportunity to extend that partnership at a time of significant growth for the sport."
Premier Rugby announced in January that they had concluded a new television deal with Setanta and Sky Sports to televise 69 live Premiership matches from the start of the 2010/11 season.
Back in February last year, the owners of the Ketel One vodka brand, the Netherlands-based Nolet family, announced a tie-up for the brand with Diageo. The deal not only signaled the end of Diageo's in...
The spirits industry, like other industries, has been hit by the current global economic crisis. Euromonitor International's latest global briefing, 'Global Opportunities for Leading Spirits Players d...
Diageo has poured cold water on suggestions that it acted inappropriately by receiving public money to expand the firm's Scotch whisky facilities....
Radico Khaitan, the India-based spirits group, is looking to raise INR3.75bn (US$80.8m) and has increased the threshold for foreign ownership of the company....
The chief executive of Diageo was due to meet with union officials at the company's Kilmarnock and Port Dundas sites today (9 November) to outline reasons for the proposed closure of operations there....
Diageo's Jose Cuervo 250 Aniversario...
Here you can find the top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Diageo workers in Scotland are to vote on strike action in protest at the company's plan to cut around 10% of its Scotch whisky workforce in the country....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits