US: Diageo extends distribution deals with Johnson Brothers, United Brokerage
Diageo has renewed distribution deals in three US states
Diageo has renewed deals with Johnson Brothers and United Brokerage covering distribution in North Dakota, South Dakota and Minnesota.
Johnson Brothers will continue as the exclusive distributor for Diageo wines and spirits in North Dakota and South Dakota, while United Brokerage will continue as the exclusive broker for Diageo spirits in Minnesota, Diageo said yesterday (5 December). Johnson Brothers will also continue as the exclusive distributor for Diageo wines in Minnesota, the company said.
A Diageo spokesperson told just-drinks the deals are “multi-year”, but said the company does not typically disclose financial details.
The agreements continue the implementation of Diageo's route-to-market strategy for its spirits and wine brands in the US, started in 2010, Diageo said.
Last month, Diageo said it is looking to up its distribution footprint in Brazil to tap into its growing middle-class market.
The white spirits category is merely an arbitrary pooling together of subsectors sharing some commonalities and more than a few major differences on the basis of the drinks' primary colours. Euromonit...
Earlier this week, brand valuation consultancy Intangible Business released the results of its latest survey of the world's spirits brands. Here's a look at the top ten, along with the methodology use...
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Coca-Cola Amatil FY 2016 - results data
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends