US: Diageo expands "progressive adult" portfolio
Diageo has introduced three additions to its progressive adult beverages category in the US.
Diageo Progressive Adult Beverages vice president Mark Breene said: "Consumer tastes dictate the need for new flavour options and low-calorie offerings. The addition of these three products to Diageo's PAB lineup will solidify our position as the industry's category leader."
Smirnoff Ice Light, which contains 110 calories per 24oz bottle, and Smirnoff Ice Strawberry Acai, will be available in twelve-packs, six-packs and variety packs, retailing at US$7.49.
Captain Morgan Parrot Bay Mojito will retail at the same price and will also be available in six-packs and variety packs.
The entry of Diageo into the Irish whiskey market has further enlivened a sector already growing steadily thanks to the efforts of the other major global spirits force, Pernod Ricard. And a new report...
It has survived the Iron Curtain, endured rationalisation in the global drinks industry and numerous changes in its distribution and even a feud with the Russian state, but Stolichnaya is still standi...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week included news on V&S and A-B and cost pressures at Cott, whilst whisky dominated the spirits headlines....
Diageo has begun trialling two new vodka flavours in a select number of pubs and bars in the UK....
Global financial services firm UBS has downgraded its rating on Diageo to 'neutral' from 'buy', according to dealers....
The Glenmorangie Company has signed an agreement with Diageo for the sale of its 33-acre Broxburn facility in a bid to withdraw from the bottling and sale of blended Scotch whisky....
Diageo is introducing a Black Label Limited Anniversary Edition collector's bottle for its Johnnie Walker whisky brand, to celebrate 100 years of the Striding Man....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends