GLOBAL: Diageo expands Johnnie Walker F1 campaign
Jenson Button (left) and Lewis Hamilton (right) photographed for Diageo's latest F1 campaign
The drinks giant said on Friday (25 March) that its latest campaign, Step Inside the Circuit, will be launched in around 30 markets over the next year, following a successful trial in eight markets in December 2010.
Diageo used the campaign at the first F1 race of the season, in Melbourne, Australia, over the weekend. The campaign provides consumers with the chance to look "behind the scenes" at F1 and at the lifestyles of top drivers.
Since signing a deal with McLaren Mercedes in 2005, Diageo has used Formula One as a vehicle for promoting Johnnie Walker, particularly in emerging markets. In particular, the group has linked up with McLaren's current two drivers, Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button.
"Johnnie Walker continues to outpace the Scotch Whisky category in sales and much of its growth is occurring in the super premium level and in emerging markets,” said Diageo's global category director for whiskies, David Gates. “The ‘Step Inside the Circuit’ campaign will continue Diageo’s commitment to this category and this brand by further investing in its growth.”
In the first half of Diageo's current fiscal year, to the end of December 2010, Johnnie Walker reported sales increases of 11% and 10% in volume and value respectively.
Diageo's multi-million dollar partnership with Facebook is a sign of things to come and makes sense for all parties....
New guidelines for social media launched yesterday by the European Forum for Responsible Drinking (EFRD) and the Distilled Spirits Council of the United States (DISCUS) set new standards of self-regul...
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends