AUS: Diageo exec heads to Foster's Group as CMO
Andy Gibson will assume the CMO mantle on 1 November
Foster’s Group has poached Andy Gibson from Diageo to become its chief marketing officer.
The brewer, which was the target of a takeover bid by SABMiller last month, confirmed today (14 July) that Gibson will join from Diageo on 1 November. He replaces Paul Donaldson, who has been the acting MD for marketing at Carlton & United Breweries, the former name for Foster's, since last September.
Gibson joins Foster’s after 12 years with Diageo where he held various senior management/marketing roles in Europe, North and Latin America, Asia Pacific and Australia. Most recently, he was general manager of Diageo’s Germany/Austria/Switzerland operations and, prior to that, was general manager of innovation based in Singapore.
Gibson will be part of the Foster’s executive leadership team, reporting directly in to company CEO John Pollaers.
Donaldson is set to stay with Foster's in a role that is still being finalised.
Late last year, Olly Wehring visited New York with Diageo, and sat down with the company's head of Africa, Nick Blazquez, for an hour. Earlier today (10 January), Diageo completed its purchase of Meta...
SABMiller's announcement earlier today about changes to its African alliance with Castel Group is the next best thing for the UK-based brewer....
Ten years on and the legacy of Pernod Ricard and Diageo's carve-up of Seagram is still being felt....
Diageo is to press ahead with a scaled-down restructuring of its brewing operations in Ireland by spending EUR153m (US$195m) to rejuvenate St James's Gate and announcing plans to close its Dundalk and...
SABMiller plans to sell US$7bn-worth of debt in order to help fund its acquisition of Foster's Group....
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015