EUROPE: Diageo creates COO role for Western Europe
John Kennedy will become COO at Diageo Western Europe on 1 September
Diageo has confirmed to just-drinks the creation of the post of chief operating officer for its Western Europe division.
The drinks giant, which lined up a review of its operations across the continent earlier this year, has told just-drinks today (11 July) that John Kennedy has moved from the managing directorship of Diageo Ireland to assume the post. He will be replaced in Ireland by the current sales director for Diageo GB, David Smith, an appointment that was announced late last week.
Kennedy will take up the role on 1 September and will be responsible for “ensuring that conditions and operating practices are in place for each country within Western Europe and will drive the creation of a distinctive performance and customer-orientated culture”.
The restructure of Diageo's European operations has so far resulted in the formation of three distinct geographical areas; Western Europe, Russia and Eastern Europe, and Turkey. Back in February, the company signed a deal to acquire Mey Içki, Turkey's leading spirits producer, for US$2.1bn.
Ten years on and the legacy of Pernod Ricard and Diageo's carve-up of Seagram is still being felt....
Paul Walsh has become a non-executive director at Avanti, further widening his reach beyond the CEO seat at Diageo....
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends