UK: Diageo CR director calls time after ten years
Ian Wright has been CR director for Diageo for almost ten years
The corporate relations director of Diageo is set to leave the company next year.
The UK-headquartered beer, spirits and wine giant confirmed earlier today (15 July) that Ian Wright will call time on his ten years in the role at the end of March. Wright will be replaced by Charlotte Lambkin, the group communications director of BAE Systems.
Lambkin, who has been on BAE's executive committee for the last five years, will join Diageo in January. Prior to joining BAE in late-2004, she was a director at Pelham Bell Pottinger for almost ten years.
Wright's future plans “will become public in the coming months”, the company said.
Last week, Diageo confirmed to just-drinks that it will be "engaging" with the Office of Fair Trading on the future of Scotch whisky producer Whyte & Mackay and will seek "formal clearance" on the matter in due course.
Since the great recession of 2008/2009 Diageo has transformed itself, primarily through acquisition, from being overly focused on mature markets to a more balanced geographic split and if, as seems li...
Some interesting developments have been occuring within the Vodka category since the publication of our previous global market review of the category....
Over the last 10 years RTD's as a category may not have grown at anywhere near the level it did between 1998 and 2003 but it has, nevertheless enjoyed steady global growth. This reality flies in the f...
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head