UK: Diageo CR director calls time after ten years
Ian Wright has been CR director for Diageo for almost ten years
The corporate relations director of Diageo is set to leave the company next year.
The UK-headquartered beer, spirits and wine giant confirmed earlier today (15 July) that Ian Wright will call time on his ten years in the role at the end of March. Wright will be replaced by Charlotte Lambkin, the group communications director of BAE Systems.
Lambkin, who has been on BAE's executive committee for the last five years, will join Diageo in January. Prior to joining BAE in late-2004, she was a director at Pelham Bell Pottinger for almost ten years.
Wright's future plans “will become public in the coming months”, the company said.
Last week, Diageo confirmed to just-drinks that it will be "engaging" with the Office of Fair Trading on the future of Scotch whisky producer Whyte & Mackay and will seek "formal clearance" on the matter in due course.
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research