UK: Diageo CR director calls time after ten years
Ian Wright has been CR director for Diageo for almost ten years
The corporate relations director of Diageo is set to leave the company next year.
The UK-headquartered beer, spirits and wine giant confirmed earlier today (15 July) that Ian Wright will call time on his ten years in the role at the end of March. Wright will be replaced by Charlotte Lambkin, the group communications director of BAE Systems.
Lambkin, who has been on BAE's executive committee for the last five years, will join Diageo in January. Prior to joining BAE in late-2004, she was a director at Pelham Bell Pottinger for almost ten years.
Wright's future plans “will become public in the coming months”, the company said.
Last week, Diageo confirmed to just-drinks that it will be "engaging" with the Office of Fair Trading on the future of Scotch whisky producer Whyte & Mackay and will seek "formal clearance" on the matter in due course.
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research