UK: Diageo CR director calls time after ten years
Ian Wright has been CR director for Diageo for almost ten years
The corporate relations director of Diageo is set to leave the company next year.
The UK-headquartered beer, spirits and wine giant confirmed earlier today (15 July) that Ian Wright will call time on his ten years in the role at the end of March. Wright will be replaced by Charlotte Lambkin, the group communications director of BAE Systems.
Lambkin, who has been on BAE's executive committee for the last five years, will join Diageo in January. Prior to joining BAE in late-2004, she was a director at Pelham Bell Pottinger for almost ten years.
Wright's future plans “will become public in the coming months”, the company said.
Last week, Diageo confirmed to just-drinks that it will be "engaging" with the Office of Fair Trading on the future of Scotch whisky producer Whyte & Mackay and will seek "formal clearance" on the matter in due course.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts