US: Diageo consolidates US distribution system with LVMH
Diageo and Moët Hennessy announced today have decided to consolidate their respective brands with single distributors in certain key US states.
The move is an effort to create greater efficiencies across the US distribution system, and will be made between Diageo and Schieffelin & Somerset. Schieffelin & Somerset is a joint-venture between Diageo and Moët Hennessy.
"Ultimately, combining our brands with those of Moët Hennessy will create tremendous efficiencies in the US distribution system," said Paul Walsh, CEO of Diageo. "Creating efficiencies in our US route-to-market will deliver value not only to our brands and our consumers, but to our shareholders as well."
Christophe Navarre, president and CEO of Moët Hennessy said: "This realignment will support our organic growth. It will allow both of our companies to be more responsive to consumer desires and retailer needs and will accelerate the development of our brands in the US."
Brands to be distributed under these arrangements include Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Cuervo, Crown Royal, Seagram's 7 Crown, Beaulieu Vineyard and Sterling Vineyards Wines, Johnnie Walker Scotch Whisky, Tanqueray, J&B, Moët & Chandon, Dom Pérignon, Hennessy, Domaine Chandon, Grand Marnier and Ruffino Wines.
The new arrangements will create a dedicated sales team in each distributor for Diageo and Schieffelin & Somerset brands. "These sales teams will help establish a platform for greater organic growth for the brands, as well as allow Diageo and Schieffelin & Somerset to work more closely with distributors to promote the responsible consumption of their products," Diageo said in a statement.
Peerless Importers, Inc. and its upstate affiliate, Colony Liquors and Wine Distributors, have won the contract as the distributor in New York State. Southern Wine & Spirits of America, Inc. is selected as the preferred distributor in Florida, California, Hawaii and Kentucky. These five states represent nearly 30% of the volume population of the distilled spirits industry in the US.
LVMH has said it is not looking to buy Mumm Champagne from Allied Domecq....
Diageo is looking to change the image of one of its flagship brands in Colombia....
Diageo is to launch a new global advertising campaign for Smirnoff Ice. The first ad in the global campaign, 'Garden', launches in Great Britain on April 11th on terrestrial and satellite TV. ...
Allied Domecq and Pernod Ricard have both been downgraded....
Diageo has completed another share buyback transaction....
E&J Gallo has announced a number of appointments within its European division....
Diageo's Smirnoff Signatures line of premixed cocktails is now available nationwide in the US....
Diageo is poised to cut back its presence in Germany, according to local reports....
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends