INDIA/UK: Diageo "considering" feedback from regulators over United Spirits deal
Diageo is seeking a majority stake in United Spirits
Despite local reports today (5 February) that the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has signed-off the UK group's bid to take a majority stake in the Indian firm, just-drinks understands that the body is yet to give the green light. A Diageo spokesperson told just-drinks: “We have received SEBI's comments and are considering them.”
SEBI confirmed on its website that it has sent the company a "letter of observation", but its comments on the deal are not public.
Last month, Diageo moved to dampen concerns that the deal will be delayed after its bid to acquire public shares in United Spirits was held up. The drinks giant has insisted the deal should complete by the end of calendar Q1.
Diageo last week reported a double-digit rise in first-half operating profits.
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets