INDIA/UK: Diageo "considering" feedback from regulators over United Spirits deal
Diageo is seeking a majority stake in United Spirits
Despite local reports today (5 February) that the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has signed-off the UK group's bid to take a majority stake in the Indian firm, just-drinks understands that the body is yet to give the green light. A Diageo spokesperson told just-drinks: “We have received SEBI's comments and are considering them.”
SEBI confirmed on its website that it has sent the company a "letter of observation", but its comments on the deal are not public.
Last month, Diageo moved to dampen concerns that the deal will be delayed after its bid to acquire public shares in United Spirits was held up. The drinks giant has insisted the deal should complete by the end of calendar Q1.
Diageo last week reported a double-digit rise in first-half operating profits.
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research