UK: Diageo confirms UK job cuts as review goes on
Diageo's job cuts will affect staff in Scotland, with 80 positions set to go
Diageo will cut around 80 jobs in its UK operations following the completion of its global supply and procurement review in the country.
The firm, which launched the review earlier this month, is looking to make savings of around GBP60m per year as a result of the global programme. Earlier today (21 March), Diageo confirmed that 80 jobs will go across its 50 sites in Scotland.
This month's review, which sees Diageo cutting back its regional structures and transferring its local operations to its 21 "key" global regions, will result in Scotland joining a newly-created International Supply Centre (ISC) that will bring together management of Diageo’s beer, wine and spirits production operations in Europe under one management structure.
“The ISC will replace the current Diageo Europe Supply organisation and will continue to be headquartered in Edinburgh,” the firm said. “It will build on the existing Scottish operational strength in manufactured exports.”
The cuts, which will affect management roles spread across a number of sites, will be implemented over Diageo's fiscal year until June 2014. When contacted by just-drinks, a spokesperson said that the review will continue across Diageo's other markets.
Scotland was hit by an earlier wave of job cuts by the spirits giant in 2009, when over 10% of Diageo's Scottish workforce was laid off.
The Drinktec exhibition is taking place across all of this week in Munich. To coincide with the event, just-drinks' management briefing this month takes a look at the drinks packaging category. In thi...
Earlier this week, analysts at UBS released their latest 'Beeronomics' research note, looking at the global beer landscape. Here, courtesy of UBS, is a breakdown of the top 25 beer markets around the ...
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Amazon adds alcohol to one-hour delivery service
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research