US: Diageo confirms control states president
Diageo has promoted one of its managers to the position of president, control states for its North America division.
The drinks giant said late last week that Pete Carr, currently general manager of Diageo's Florida cluster, will be responsible for leading the company's "strategic agenda" across the control states for US spirits, which accounts for approximately 22% of Diageo's US spirits volume.
Carr's position will also involve "representing Diageo as liaison to the National Alcohol Beverage Control Association (NABCA) and serve as a member of the control state industry steering committee", the company said. Carr will begin the role from 15 January and will report directly to executive vice president of sales, US spirits of Diageo North America Kevin O'Neil.
"Pete's appointment will enable Diageo to continue our track record of successful performance in the control states, which are a very important component of our business with unique characteristics and potential growth opportunities," said O'Neil.
"Having Pete in this role will also allow for better alignment with NABCA and will make a huge contribution to Diageo North America," added O'Neil.
The general managers for the west control, central control, south-east control and the north-east control clusters will report to Carr, the company said.
The entry of Diageo into the Irish whiskey market has further enlivened a sector already growing steadily thanks to the efforts of the other major global spirits force, Pernod Ricard. And a new report...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week included news on V&S and A-B and cost pressures at Cott, whilst whisky dominated the spirits headlines....
Diageo has begun trialling two new vodka flavours in a select number of pubs and bars in the UK....
The Pocket Shot Company has entered into an alliance with spirits distributor Pocket Distribution in Europe....
Global financial services firm UBS has downgraded its rating on Diageo to 'neutral' from 'buy', according to dealers....
Policymakers seeking to reduce binge-drinking should find ways of sending messages via complex social networks of friends who regularly abuse alcohol, a British study has concluded....
The Glenmorangie Company has signed an agreement with Diageo for the sale of its 33-acre Broxburn facility in a bid to withdraw from the bottling and sale of blended Scotch whisky....
Diageo is introducing a Black Label Limited Anniversary Edition collector's bottle for its Johnnie Walker whisky brand, to celebrate 100 years of the Striding Man....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer