US: Diageo combines marketing and innovation teams
Diageo has combined its marketing and innovation teams in North America under the leadership of current innovation team head Peter McDonough.
McDonough will become president of innovation and chief marketing officer for Diageo in North Anmerica from 1 January 2010, the drinks giant announced yesterday (8 December).
Alongside his appointment, Diageo said it will combine its marketing and innovation teams in the region "to ensure the company is best organised to deliver top-line growth ambitions".
A spokesperson for company told just-drinks today that the move would not affect personnel in the teams. "This is simply a leadership change," she said.
McDonough, who has spent three years as president of innovation at Diageo North America, will report in his new role to Larry Schwartz, president of Diageo USA.
Jon Potter, the current chief marketing officer for Diageo in North America, will leave his position.
Diageo has launched an ad campaign for its Ciroc vodka brand for the US market featuring Sean "Diddy" Combs and an up-and-coming comedian....
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk