SOUTH KOREA: Diageo claims whisky lead - report
Diageo has taken top spot in South Korea's whisky market, according to local reports.
The UK drinks giant saw its whisky sales in South Korea surpass those of nearest rival Jinro Ballantines during the first half of the year, a report in the Korea Times newspaper said yesterday (15 August).
The paper quoted figures from unnamed sources that showed Diageo's whisky sales leaping 10% to over 460,380 cases during the period. A case contains 18 500ml bottles, the paper said.
Officials at Diageo's Korean office could not be reached for comment as just-drinks went to press. Diageo's top-selling Scotch whiskies in South Korea include Dimple and Windsor, as well as global brand Johnnie Walker.
"There was under-investment in marketing in South Korea under Allied," a Pernod spokesman told just-drinks last month. The spokesman added: "We have a premium whisky brand there called Imperial and we believe another, Ballantine's, could also be very, very powerful."
In our first Just the Answer interview of 2007, Dean Best spoke with Nick Blacknell, brand director for Beefeater at Pernod Ricard subsidiary Chivas Brothers, about the company's ambitious re-launch o...
Diageo Chateau and Estate Wines is introducing a new Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand to the US market....
Japanese brewer and distiller Suntory has posted a 21% leap in operating profit for 2006....
Diageo has unveiled a website for flagship Scotch whisky brand Johnnie Walker....
V&S Group has insisted it can do more to drive profits and boost the value of the business. The comments came after V&S chief executive Bengt Baron said the Swedish state-owned company is not yet "at ...
Diageo has averted industrial action at its Crown Royal distillery in Canada. Diageo North America reached an agreement with workers at the site in Gimli, Manitoba to avoid a strike scheduled for toda...
Diageo is set to make a concerted move into interactive marketing with the launch of its latest ad campaign for Guinness in the UK....
Pernod Ricard is launching a tri-varietal range of Jacob's Creek wines into the UK market....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report