Product Launch - US: Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines' Woodwork
Diageo's new US wine brand, Woodwork, which launches today
Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines' Woodwork
Category - Wine, US Central Coast, Cabernet Sauvignon (13.9% abv), Chardonnay (13.8% abv), Pinot Noir (14% abv)
Available - From today
Location - US, nationwide, off-trade
Price - SRP US$14.99 per bottle
Diageo's US wine unit, Chateau & Estate Wines, has announced the launch of a new brand, featuring three varieties.
The new label, Woodwork, features a 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir from the US Central Coast, California. The wines are being sold in US stores and online for US$14.99.
Production of the wines has involved oak staves to "bring the influence of oak into each varietal's taste profiled," the company said.
The launch is being backed by in-store promotions, point of sale materials, PR and a marketing campaign early next year.
The world’s leading spirits producer, Diageo also ranks 23rd in the global wine market. This profile analyses the challenges faced by Diageo’s wine operations, which sit uncomfortably with the company...
Analyses of the leading companies in the alcohol industry...
Spirits in Global industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains...
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- A step forward in alcohol research? ISFAR 191
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review