US: Diageo Chateau & Estate appoints sales VP
Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines (DC&E) has announced that Sean Penn has joined as vice president of sales for the west region of the US.
In this role, Penn will be responsible for leading the Diageo unit's west coast sales organisation and will provide leadership for the wines business, the division said today (8 December).
Penn has been working for Diageo for 12 years, and was recently vice president, general manager covering multiples in the west region for Diageo North America. Prior to joining the firm, Penn held sales roles for Coca-Cola and Southern Wine & Spirits.
He will be based in the Napa offices for DC&E.
Details of who Penn has replaced in the role were not immediately available.
What started yesterday (24 May) as a review of operations just in Europe for Diageo, has spread today to become a company-wide consideration of how to create "a more cost-effective organisation"....
Diageo's lack of presence in Cognac is a gaping chasm in its Asia-Pacific portfolio, but the drinks group is insistent that it has the tools for growth....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts