UK: Diageo CFO to step down
Diageo's Rose steps down
Diageo's chief financial officer, Nick Rose, is to stand down later this year.
Rose will be replaced by Diageo's deputy finance director, Deirdre Mahlan, following the drinks giant's annual general meeting scheduled for 14 October.
Rose, 52, will then leave the Smirnoff and Guinness maker at the end of December. While he is currently also on the board of BAE, it is understood that Rose will only consider non-executive roles in the future.
"Nick has made the decision to leave Diageo after 18 very successful years," said Diageo CEO Paul Walsh. "Over the last 13 years as CFO he has built a very strong finance function of which he and Diageo can be proud."
He added: "Deirdre joined Diageo having worked for the Seagram Company since 1992. She has held a number of senior finance positions in Diageo including Finance Director of our biggest region, North America, and as Global Head of Tax, of Treasury and of Shared Services."
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research