UK: Diageo CEO-elect Menezes joins board
Diageo added its COO to the board today
Diageo has added its recently-appointed chief operating officer to its board of directors.
Ivan Menezes, who moved up from Diageo's president of North America to the newly-created role of COO in February, assumed his position on the company's board today (2 July). Menezes, who is widely-tipped to be Diageo's next CEO, will take the role of executive director.
As well as CEO Paul Walsh, CFO Deidre Mahlan and company secretary Paul Tunnacliffe, Diageo's board also consists of eight non-executive directors. Last month, Ho KwonPing, chairman and founder of “lifestyle facility” company Banyan Tree Holdings, was lined up to join Diageo's board on 1 October.
The penultimate part of just-drinks' review of 2012 looks at a tumultuous year for the wine category....
Hats off the Sunday Telegraph for breaking the story today (9 December) that Diageo has been sniffing around Beam Inc....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read Hot Topics on just-drinks in 2012....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are just-drinks' ten favourite quotes in 2012....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review