UK: Diageo CEO-elect Menezes joins board
Diageo added its COO to the board today
Diageo has added its recently-appointed chief operating officer to its board of directors.
Ivan Menezes, who moved up from Diageo's president of North America to the newly-created role of COO in February, assumed his position on the company's board today (2 July). Menezes, who is widely-tipped to be Diageo's next CEO, will take the role of executive director.
As well as CEO Paul Walsh, CFO Deidre Mahlan and company secretary Paul Tunnacliffe, Diageo's board also consists of eight non-executive directors. Last month, Ho KwonPing, chairman and founder of “lifestyle facility” company Banyan Tree Holdings, was lined up to join Diageo's board on 1 October.
The penultimate part of just-drinks' review of 2012 looks at a tumultuous year for the wine category....
Hats off the Sunday Telegraph for breaking the story today (9 December) that Diageo has been sniffing around Beam Inc....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read Hot Topics on just-drinks in 2012....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are just-drinks' ten favourite quotes in 2012....
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Focus - Heineken's Q3 Performance by Region
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch