UK: Diageo CEO-elect Menezes joins board
Diageo added its COO to the board today
Diageo has added its recently-appointed chief operating officer to its board of directors.
Ivan Menezes, who moved up from Diageo's president of North America to the newly-created role of COO in February, assumed his position on the company's board today (2 July). Menezes, who is widely-tipped to be Diageo's next CEO, will take the role of executive director.
As well as CEO Paul Walsh, CFO Deidre Mahlan and company secretary Paul Tunnacliffe, Diageo's board also consists of eight non-executive directors. Last month, Ho KwonPing, chairman and founder of “lifestyle facility” company Banyan Tree Holdings, was lined up to join Diageo's board on 1 October.
The penultimate part of just-drinks' review of 2012 looks at a tumultuous year for the wine category....
Hats off the Sunday Telegraph for breaking the story today (9 December) that Diageo has been sniffing around Beam Inc....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read Hot Topics on just-drinks in 2012....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are just-drinks' ten favourite quotes in 2012....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research