UK: Diageo CEO-elect Menezes joins board
Diageo added its COO to the board today
Diageo has added its recently-appointed chief operating officer to its board of directors.
Ivan Menezes, who moved up from Diageo's president of North America to the newly-created role of COO in February, assumed his position on the company's board today (2 July). Menezes, who is widely-tipped to be Diageo's next CEO, will take the role of executive director.
As well as CEO Paul Walsh, CFO Deidre Mahlan and company secretary Paul Tunnacliffe, Diageo's board also consists of eight non-executive directors. Last month, Ho KwonPing, chairman and founder of “lifestyle facility” company Banyan Tree Holdings, was lined up to join Diageo's board on 1 October.
The penultimate part of just-drinks' review of 2012 looks at a tumultuous year for the wine category....
Hats off the Sunday Telegraph for breaking the story today (9 December) that Diageo has been sniffing around Beam Inc....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read Hot Topics on just-drinks in 2012....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are just-drinks' ten favourite quotes in 2012....
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World