US: Diageo brings Guinness Surger to US
The drinks giant confirmed yesterday (14 November) that the unit began rolling out in bars and restaurants across the country this week.
The unit uses sound vibrations to release nitrogen into a pint of Guinness. The vibrations cause the trademark 'surge and settle'.
"We recognise the importance of quality and tradition to our loyal Guinness drinkers," said Randy Carlson, director of innovation for Guinness. "This innovative new technology allows all bars and restaurants to serve a great quality Irish favourite in the same way that it is most traditionally enjoyed."
The Surger system was unveiled in the UK by Diageo early last year. France took stock of the unit in April 2006.
Diageo has today (9 May) announced it is to invest EUR650m (US$1bn) in its brewery infrastructure in Ireland, including the building of what will be its largest brewery, however, the company also said...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Big Rock Brewery Income Trust has announced the appointment of Bill McKenzie to the position of vice president, sales with effect from 2 July....
Coming up at this year's London International Wine & Spirits Fair are products from Constellation, Diageo and Cocoa Farm. To keep track of all the LIWF news see our diary every day....
Diageo has reported that organic net sales growth for the nine months to the end of March were in line with the company's performance in the first half of the year....
The Australian unit of Diageo has confirmed details of a change of managing director....
Diageo has refused to be drawn on speculation that it will decide the fate of its Guinness brewery in Dublin this week....
Increased excise on pre-mixed spirits in Australia is expected to boost beer sales for Foster's and Lion Nathan....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages