GLOBAL: Diageo brews up Arthur's Day II
Guinness brewer plans global celebration
Live music in Dublin will kick off the second Arthur's Day celebrations at 17:59 on 23 September.
Diageo told just-drinks earlier this year that it planned to make Arthur's Day an annual event. The drinks giant has been buoyed by the success of last year's global festival to mark 250 years since Arthur Guinness signed the 9,000 year lease on the St James's Gate Brewery in Dublin in 1759.
This year's Arthur's Day will begin in Dublin with "many internationally renowned acts", including Snow Patrol, Jay Sean and Paolo Nutini, Diageo said today (7 June).
Celebrations at 17:59 local time will follow in countries around the world, from the US to Nigeria, the group said.
Last year's Arthur's Day generated 2bn media impressions for Guinness worldwide and helped the brand to gain market share in Ireland, according to Diageo.
M&A activity within the beer sector this year has been limited to just the one big transaction, in Mexico. Larry Nelson believes, however, that 2010 could have served as the calm before the storm, wit...
Moet Hennessy has confirmed a change of leadership at its US unit....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review