US: Diageo brands get marketing push in new NBA tie-up
The Ciroc campaign will run throughout the NBA season
Three Diageo brands are set for new campaigns after the group signed a “multi-year” deal with the NBA to be the US basketball league's exclusive spirits partner.
The link-up will see Diageo promote responsible drinking through pushes for Ciroc Vodka and its blended Canadian whisky Crown Royal, the company said yesterday (20 November). Baileys Original Irish Cream, meanwhile, will team up with the Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA).
Financial details of the tie-ups were not disclosed.
Peter McDonough, Diageo's chief marketing and innovation officer, said: “From the players and competition to fashion, music and nightlife, the NBA opens the door for us to leave a lasting impression with adult fans in truly innovative and meaningful ways around the game.”
Ciroc's “Toast of the NBA” campaign will feature Ciroc ambassador and music producer Sean “Diddy” Combs and run throughout the NBA season, Diageo said. The NBA and Ciroc will also produce a series of public service announcements on responsible drinking starring NBA players.
Combs, who oversees branding and marketing for Ciroc, said the campaign will “champion social responsibility among fans”.
Crown Royal will further drive its "Reign On" campaign, now in its second year, by given fans access to players through unique video content on digital and broadcast channels. Baileys will “showcase inspiring stories from around the league” on WNBA.com, Diageo said.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
This profile brings together all of just-drinks' coverage of the major developments in Emperador’s acquisition of Whyte & Mackay. All of just-drinks' coverage is presented in this easy-reference doc...
"The Future of the Wine Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and co...
"The Future of the Spirits Market in India to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and company research. ...
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- Diageo nears wine exit with Acacia sale to Peju
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research