US: Diageo brands get marketing push in new NBA tie-up
The Ciroc campaign will run throughout the NBA season
Three Diageo brands are set for new campaigns after the group signed a “multi-year” deal with the NBA to be the US basketball league's exclusive spirits partner.
The link-up will see Diageo promote responsible drinking through pushes for Ciroc Vodka and its blended Canadian whisky Crown Royal, the company said yesterday (20 November). Baileys Original Irish Cream, meanwhile, will team up with the Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA).
Financial details of the tie-ups were not disclosed.
Peter McDonough, Diageo's chief marketing and innovation officer, said: “From the players and competition to fashion, music and nightlife, the NBA opens the door for us to leave a lasting impression with adult fans in truly innovative and meaningful ways around the game.”
Ciroc's “Toast of the NBA” campaign will feature Ciroc ambassador and music producer Sean “Diddy” Combs and run throughout the NBA season, Diageo said. The NBA and Ciroc will also produce a series of public service announcements on responsible drinking starring NBA players.
Combs, who oversees branding and marketing for Ciroc, said the campaign will “champion social responsibility among fans”.
Crown Royal will further drive its "Reign On" campaign, now in its second year, by given fans access to players through unique video content on digital and broadcast channels. Baileys will “showcase inspiring stories from around the league” on WNBA.com, Diageo said.
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Diageo silent on United Spirits job losses
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends