GLOBAL: Diageo boosts exec committee as Ghostine quits
The group has announced more changes to its executive committee
Diageo is making further changes to its executive committee, while its president for China and India is leaving the group after 19 years.
Gilbert Ghostine, who only stepped up to the role for China and India this month, will leave Diageo on 30 September, having acccepted another job. A Diageo spokesperson declined to say where he was going but said his new employer would announce his appointment in “due course”.
Ghostine also held the role of chief corporate development officer. It is understood that the group's head of global business development, Ravi Rajagopal, will continue to lead Diageo's business development on a day-to-day basis, reporting to CFO Deirdre Mahlan.
Sam Fischer, currently Diageo's Greater China MD, will replace Ghostine as the group's Greater China and Asia president and will also join the firm's executive committee.
Anand Kripalu, CEO of United Spirits, which Diageo took majority control of this month, will also join the group's executive committee. Both Fischer and Kripalu will report to Nick Blazquez, Diageo's Africa and Asia Pacific president.
Ivan Menezes, Diageo's CEO, said the changes "strengthen our executive team and enhance our focus on two key growth markets, China and India".
Meanwhile, John Kennedy, currently the group's Western Europe president will become Europe president and take on responsibility for Russia, Eastern Europe and Turkey.
The appointments are effective from 1 September.
As of 1 September, Diageo's executive committee will comprise:
- Ivan Menezes, chief executive
- Deirdre Mahlan, CFO
- Nick Blazquez, president of Africa & Asia Pacific
- David Cutter, president of global supply & procurement
- Andy Fennell, president of Africa
- Sam Fischer, president of Greater China & Asia
- Alberto Gavazzi, president of Latin America & Caribbean
- John Kennedy, president of Europe
- Anand Kripalu, CEO of United Spirits
- Charlotte Lambkin, corporate relations director
- Anna Manz, group strategy director
- Siobhan Moriarty, general counsel
- Syl Saller, CMO
- Larry Schwartz, president of North America
- Leanne Wood, HR director
Diageo reports its full-year preliminary results tomorrow. For a preview, click here.
Diageo has confirmed that it has received a request for information from the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in the US over its distribution in the country....
Earlier today (23 July), the International Wine & Spirit Competition released the list of full winners for spirits for 2015. Here is the list of 'gold outstanding' and 'gold' winners for Scotch whisky...
Diageo has confirmed to just-drinks that its global communications director is set to leave the company less than a year after assuming the position....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends