UK: Diageo bags Facebook unit boss as non-exec director
Mendelsohn will join Diageo's board on 1 September
Diageo has appointed a senior Facebook employee to its board as a non-executive director.
Nicola Mendelsohn, the social media firm's Europe, Middle East and Africa VP, will take the role from 1 September and also join Diageo's audit, nomination and remuneration committees. UK-based Mendelsohn has been with Facebook for a year, having joined from ad agency Karmarama.
Franz Humer, Diageo's chairman, said: "(Mendelsohn's) senior experience at the forefront of digital marketing and communications will be of great benefit to Diageo and its brands, as we seek to pursue long-term profitable growth through innovation in all areas of our business."
The world’s leading spirits producer, Diageo also ranks 23rd in the global wine market. This profile analyses the challenges faced by Diageo’s wine operations, which sit uncomfortably with the company...
North America continues to be Diageo’s largest region by operating profit. Despite the maturity of the US market, Diageo hopes to strengthen its premium core brands such as Smirnoff, Johnnie Walker, a...
Analyses of the leading companies in the alcohol industry...
Diageo has confirmed that it has received a request for information from the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in the US over its distribution in the country....
Alcoholic Drinks in Colombia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains...
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Beam Suntory rolls out Larios gin range to UK
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends