US: Diageo backs "We don't serve teens" push
Global drinks force Diageo is backing the "We Don't Serve Teens" campaign, aimed at reducing teen access to alcohol, as it rolls out in Arizona.
"As we enter a new school year, we want to remind parents in Arizona and all over the country of their critical role in helping children make responsible decisions," said Amy Elliott, Director State Government Relations, Diageo. "We are pleased to support this programme as it provides parents the tools they need to initiate a conversation with their kids about the dangers of alcohol."
The campaign, created by the Federal Trade Commission and supported by the industry group The Century Council, includes a television public service announcement (PSA), print ad, lapel pins, cold case stickers, register signs and ceiling danglers in English and Spanish, distributed to retailers across the country for on-premise display.
A "We Don't Serve Teens" rally was held earlier this week at Tops Liquor store in Phoenix, Arizona. The campaign was first unveiled in October 2006.
The steep rise in alcohol duties announced in yesterday's Budget, which the Government says will help to tackle binge drinking, follows the publication of its review of the 2005 Licensing Act last wee...
Constellation has warned that the recent hike in duty on wine in the UK could mark the end of the GBP3.99 (US$8.12) a bottle price point in the country....
Taxes on alcohol in the UK have been raised markedly in today's (12 March) Budget announcement....
The Boston Beer Company has posted a strong set of results for the end of the year, with net profit almost trebling in the final quarter....
Foster's group has announced the addition of a former Diageo executive to its board of directors....
Carlsberg's bid to take over part of Scottish & Newcastle has been approved by the European Union....
Anheuser-Busch is looking to "decomoditise" its Budweiser brand in the UK with a new campaign for the beer....
An attack on RTDs by a political party has been dismissed by an alcohol trade body in the UK....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends