CANADA: Diageo averts Crown Royal strike threat
A spokesperson for Diageo North America confirmed to just-drinks today (1 February) that a strike, which was threatened by workers at Crown Royal last week, will now not take place. "We came to an agreement (with the workers)," the spokesperson said.
Although the spokesperson could not give specific details of the agreement, she added: "We worked toward a mutually-agreeable contract. There will be no strike. The issue has been settled."
Workers at the Crown Royal plant, based in Gimli, Manitoba, last week voted in favour of a strike if their contract demands were not met. The facility is the only production source for the Canadian whisky, and workers' leaders had warned that any industrial action would hit the UK drinks giant's bottom line.
Agreement was reached, however, when the two sides met on Monday (30 January). The strike had been scheduled for today.
Smirnoff and Johnnie Walker may make Diageo more money, but there is no more iconic brand in its portfolio than Guinness. Nevertheless, speculation continues that Diageo may sell off its main beer bra...
Terms like heritage, authenticity and personality can be seen as the building-blocks of brand image, but to establish an instant connection with consumers these attributes have to be captured visually...
Established as the dominant force in its domestic wines and spirits market and as an exporter to other African countries, South African group Distell is now aiming to raise its profile in global marke...
The chairman of Diageo has announced his retirement....
Diageo Great Britain is launching a new bottle for Morgan's Spiced Rum in the UK....
Diageo has appointed a new chief financial officer for its North American unit....
The Diageo-owned brewer Guinness has been the victim of an adulteration scam in Nigeria....
The former executive director of Diageo Scotland has been appointed chairman of Scotland Food & Drink....
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- NPD: Brewdog's Born to Die
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review