US: Diageo appoints US president in re-shuffle
Global beverage giant Diageo has appointed a new US president, as part of several changes to its executive committee.
Larry Schwartz has been appointed to the committee as president of Diageo US, with responsibility for the US spirits, beer and wine businesses, the firm has announced.
Schwartz will continue to report to Diageo North America president Ivan Menezes, who will also become chairman of the group's Asia Pacific business.
The moves are part of a broader re-shuffle on the Diageo executive committee, to take effect from 1 October.
Rob Malcolm, currently president of global marketing, sales and innovation, is to retire from the committee and from Diageo in December.
Ron Anderson has been appointed to the committee as chief customer officer, and Andy Fennell will be chief marketing officer.
Six of Diageo's business leaders have also been appointed to the committee, as have Nick Blazquez, managing director for Africa, David Gosnell, managing director for global supply, Randy Millian, managing director for Latin America & Caribbean, and Ian Wright, corporate relations director.
"The appointments I have announced today reflect the contribution which these individuals already make to Diageo's performance," said Paul Walsh, group CEO. "We will now have better representation of the breadth of markets across which our business operates."
Drambuie is to link up with whisky distiller Morrison Bowmore in Scotland, as group CEO Phil Parnell tells just-drinks that the group is in good financial shape to weather the recession....
Diageo has secured the first in-flight listing for its Ketel One vodka brand in the Americas....
Diageo GB is taking advantage of plummeting media rates to ramp up support for its spirits brands in 2009....
Diageo is consolidating its office presence in London, with the proposed closure of its flagship site in the city....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Vina Concha y Toro has secured a national distribution deal in its home market of Chile with Diageo's unit in the country, according to local reports....
The Distilled Spirits Industry Council of Australia (DSICA) has followed Foster's Group in pledging to donate any tax refunds they receive in the country to DrinkWise Australia....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Why Vietnam is the next beer battleground
- Brown-Forman Q1 2017 results - Preview
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- US on-premise at "new normal" - research
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review