GLOBAL: Diageo appoints Smirnoff brand director
Diageo's new-look Smirnoff
Simon Burch, currently Diageo's senior vice president for vodka and rums in North America, will become the global brand director for Smirnoff. He will be based in New York, Diageo said yesterday (2 September).
The announcement follows a change in Diageo’s global marketing department, which saw previous Smirnoff global brand director Philip Gladman appointed as marketing director for Diageo Great Britain.
Smirnoff sales fell by 1% in volume and by 4% in value on a like-for-like basis in Diageo's most recent fiscal year, to the end of June 2010. Diageo unveiled new packaging for the vodka brand in June.
For more on Diageo's marketing reshuffle, click here.
Diageo's results last week spelt out one strong message, as far as M&A nut Richard Woodard is concerned. Let's watch him clap his hands and jump up and down as he tells us what he heard....
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down
- Constellation recalls Corona over glass threat