GLOBAL: Diageo appoints new Travel Retail & Middle East head
Abella is returning to his family in Lebanon
Diageo has appointed a new MD for Travel Retail & the Middle East after Roland Abella quit for personal reasons.
Commercial director for Diageo Asia-Pacific Doug Bagley will replace Abella, who is returning to his family in Lebanon, Diageo said today (9 July). Bagley takes over as COO for Diageo global travel & Middle East (GTME) with immediate effect and assumes the MD role on 1 October, Diageo said.
Bagley joined Diageo as GM for Greater China in 2009, before being appointed commercial director for Australia. He became commercial director for Diageo Asia-Pacific last year, Diageo said.
Last month, Diageo confirmed its outgoing CEO Paul Walsh will join catering group Compass as chairman from next year.
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
The world’s leading spirits producer, Diageo also ranks 23rd in the global wine market. This profile analyses the role of wine in the company’s wide-ranging alcoholic drinks operations, considering op...
Since the great recession of 2008/2009 Diageo has transformed itself, primarily through acquisition, from being overly focused on mature markets to a more balanced geographic split and if, as seems li...
Premium Tequila producer DeLeon has signed a partnership deal with rap artist and producer Sean 'Diddy' Combs, according to reports. ...
Some interesting developments have been occuring within the Vodka category since the publication of our previous global market review of the category....
Heineken has announced the appointment of Loïc Latour to the post of president of its French distribution subsidiary, France Boissons....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Why Millennials are driving premium wine demand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets