GLOBAL: Diageo appoints new Travel Retail & Middle East head
Abella is returning to his family in Lebanon
Diageo has appointed a new MD for Travel Retail & the Middle East after Roland Abella quit for personal reasons.
Commercial director for Diageo Asia-Pacific Doug Bagley will replace Abella, who is returning to his family in Lebanon, Diageo said today (9 July). Bagley takes over as COO for Diageo global travel & Middle East (GTME) with immediate effect and assumes the MD role on 1 October, Diageo said.
Bagley joined Diageo as GM for Greater China in 2009, before being appointed commercial director for Australia. He became commercial director for Diageo Asia-Pacific last year, Diageo said.
Last month, Diageo confirmed its outgoing CEO Paul Walsh will join catering group Compass as chairman from next year.
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
Premium Tequila producer DeLeon has signed a partnership deal with rap artist and producer Sean 'Diddy' Combs, according to reports. ...
Heineken has announced the appointment of Loïc Latour to the post of president of its French distribution subsidiary, France Boissons....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts