GLOBAL: Diageo appoints new Travel Retail & Middle East head
Abella is returning to his family in Lebanon
Diageo has appointed a new MD for Travel Retail & the Middle East after Roland Abella quit for personal reasons.
Commercial director for Diageo Asia-Pacific Doug Bagley will replace Abella, who is returning to his family in Lebanon, Diageo said today (9 July). Bagley takes over as COO for Diageo global travel & Middle East (GTME) with immediate effect and assumes the MD role on 1 October, Diageo said.
Bagley joined Diageo as GM for Greater China in 2009, before being appointed commercial director for Australia. He became commercial director for Diageo Asia-Pacific last year, Diageo said.
Last month, Diageo confirmed its outgoing CEO Paul Walsh will join catering group Compass as chairman from next year.
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
Premium Tequila producer DeLeon has signed a partnership deal with rap artist and producer Sean 'Diddy' Combs, according to reports. ...
Heineken has announced the appointment of Loïc Latour to the post of president of its French distribution subsidiary, France Boissons....
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research