AFRICA: Diageo appoints new marketing and innovation boss
Diageo has appointed a new director for marketing and innovation in Africa
Diageo has appointed a new marketing and innovation director for its Africa division.
Philip Gladman, previously the group's Western Europe category marketing director for white spirits, took on the role on 2 January, Diageo confirmed to just-drinks today (11 January). He replaces Cristina Diezhandino, who has moved to the group's Latin America business.
Gladman will join both the Africa executive team and the global marketing leadership team, the company said.
Prior to his Western Europe positon, he was Diageo's GB marketing director and before that Smirnoff's global brand director.
Chris Lock will replace Gladman in the category marketing director role. Lock previously managed white spirits brands in GB and has been marketing manager for Smirnoff Europe.
The drinks sector is particularly fertile ground for mergers and acquisition activity, with a number of big businesses accustomed to making acquisitions to spur growth, new players popping up all over...
In a recently-published global briefing 'Diageo in Spirits', Euromonitor International's senior alcoholic drinks analyst Jeremy Cunnington takes a look at what are the challenges facing Diageo in spi...
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- What's on the M&A cards for San Miguel Brewery?
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- William Grant & Sons boosts Travel Retail team