GLOBAL: Diageo appoints Guinness brand chief
Diageo appoints Oliver Loomes to Guinness role
Loomes will replace Brian Duffy, who has moved to become Diageo's global category director for the company's entire beer portfolio, which also includes Red Stripe, Windhoek and Harp. Loomes will take up the position on 1 March, Diageo said today (3 February).
Guinness contributes to around 12% of Diageo's annual net sales and the brand reported sales of GBP1bn (US$1.6bn) in the drinks giant's last fiscal year, to the end of June 2010.
Loomes has been with Diageo for 12 years and has most recently led the development and organisation of the Guinness 250th anniversary celebrations in Ireland in 2009 and Arthur's Day celebrations in 2010. Loomes' replacement has yet to be announced.
Diageo's Crown Royal whisky brand is expanding its "Your Name Here" NASCAR promotion in the US to honour "all of the nation's heroes" next year....
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- The global beer category - The facts
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research