ASIA: Diageo appoints Ghostine as Asia-Pacific MD
Diageo is moving Gilbert Ghostine, the current managing director of its Continental Europe division, to head up its Asia-Pacific business.
Lebanon-born Ghostine, who has worked for Diageo and its predecessor companies for more than 16 years, has managed the drinks giant's continental Europe markets for three years. He became a member of the Diageo executive board in October 2008.
"His leadership, commercial focus and experience in the global beverage industry will no doubt be of great benefit to Asia-Pacific as the region continues to build the foundations of long-term growth," said Diageo Europe president Andrew Morgan.
Details about Ghostine's replacement in Europe were not given. In Asia-Pacific, he will replace John Pollaers.
Destocking and economic turmoil aside, 2009 must surely be the year when Japan's latent drinks giants seized their chance to make themselves heard on the international scene....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Today, it's the Top Ten Most Read Comment Pieces of 2009....
What 2009 lacked in explosive headlines in the brewing category, it more than made up for in tactical manoeuvres for the future. Olly Wehring considers a year that was always going to struggle, in eve...
Sales of fine wine at auction house Christie's during 2009 were broadly level with 2008, as Asia helped to maintain demand during the global economic downturn....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Diageo president for North America, Ivan Menezes, has said that consumer demand for spirits was lower than expected in November and the firm has cut its expectations for December....
The chief executive of Diageo has refused to rule out moving the drinks firm's headquarters away from the UK....
SABMiller is to further expand its African beer operations by building a malting plant in Uganda....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report