US: Diageo appoints Canadian boss
Diageo has appointed Debra Kelly-Ennis as president of Diageo Canada and Jon Potter to the role of chief marketing officer of Diageo North America.
Kelly-Ennis, currently chief marketing officer of Diageo North America, will replace current president John Kennedy, who will become managing director of Diageo Ireland.
Prior to her role at Diageo, Kelly-Ennis served as president and COO of Saab Cars. She has also held a number of marketing and sales leadership roles and general management positions with global companies RJR/Nabisco and Grand Metropolitan.
Potter, currently president of global marketing vodka and rum, previously held the role of general manager Venture Africa. Prior to joining Diageo, he was global brand director for Guinness.
"Debra's extensive management experience, coupled with her ability to drive breakthrough ideas will be a major asset as we continue to grow in this strategic market," said Ivan Menezes, president and CEO of Diageo North America. "We are confident that Jon's brand building acumen and exemplary leadership skills will further propel our business as we grow in the North American market."
The two appointments will be effective 1 September.
Diageo, a company that most people cannot pronounce correctly, has pulled off a sizeable coup by winning a major popularity contest among its UK business peers....
Some of the fizz certainly seems to have left Cobra Beer's fortunes, after the UK-based company announced last week that it had been put up for sale by its founder, Lord Bilimoria....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Russian Standard Vodka has signed a partnership deal with French distribution company Lixir....
PepsiCo and Britvic will be taking its Pepsi Raw natural cola on an 'office sampling' campaign this month....
Beam Global Spirits and Wine is making changes to its marketing team, as it gears up to promote newly acquired Cruzan Rum in the US....
Diageo has said that it will launch Zwack, a Hungarian premium liqueur, in the US....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has appointed Eric Llopis as senior vice president and chief strategy officer, as the bottler enters a period of reorganisation....
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends