AUSTRALIA: Diageo “applauds” RTD 'two-drink' ascribers
Diageo Australia has applauded other producers of RTDs in their decision to introduce the two standard drink, a plan the company introduced in the country last year.
Foster's and Lion Nathan last week announced plans to cease production of RTDs with a high alcohol content and energy additives from their portfolios, following Diageo Australia's voluntary decision last year.
The two companies said that the move was a response to "community concern" and Foster's added that it plans to "voluntarily cease manufacturing and marketing alcohol beverages containing 'energy' additives such as caffeine and taurine".
"I am delighted to see other producers of RTDs taking these steps," said Eleanor Craig, Diageo Australia managing director. "Via our industry association Distilled Spirits Industry Council of Australia, we are lobbying for FSANZ (Food Standards Australia New Zealand) to extend the mandatory labelling of energy drinks to also include those 'so-called' energy drinks that contain alcohol. We applaud the decision that other producers are moving towards these measures."
Following the decision, Diageo said it is in the process of implementation throughout its production process.
Drinks Americas has cut its net loss in the first quarter, but suffered a dip in sales....
The Marin Institute has attacked alcohol companies in the US for failing to provide an adequate complaint system for advertising in the country....
A coalition of 25 US States has urged MillerCoors not to launch an extension of its alcoholic caffeine drink....
Diageo has lined up the rollout of a limited edition variant from its Bundaberg stable in Australia....
Diageo has launched a 'nautical' extension of its Talisker Scotch whisky portfolio....
The downward trends in the US are not being felt in the country's alcoholic drinks sector, according to recent research....
Constellation Brands has said that Andrey Grumondz will be the wine giant's first sales director to be based in Russia, as it looks to boost wine sales in the country....
The Glenmorangie Company has lined up the sale of its Glen Moray distillery in Scotland to French spirits company La Martiniquaise....
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Why has Heineken made a Formula 1 U-turn?
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends