Diageo announces recall of selected Smirnoff Ice variants in Canada
Diageo said the recall is voluntary
The recall, announced on Friday, is due to the risk of small fragments of glass in bottles. It affects 33cl glass bottles of 11 Smirnoff Ice expressions with specific lot codes, available in 4- and 12-pack and individual bottle packages.
“The company issued this voluntary recall after its ongoing quality assurance process detected quality issues with some bottles that could cause small glass fragments to break off and fall inside,” the unit said.” The affected bottles came from a third-party glass manufacturer that supplies bottles to the company for use in Canada.”
Diageo said that it believes “significantly leas than 1% of these bottles are impacted”.
For the full list, click the button below.
- Smirnoff Ice Peach Bellini 330ml (4 Pack) L5204 & L5231
- Smirnoff Ice Green Apple 330ml (4 Pack) L5205 & L5232
- Smirnoff Ice Raspberry 330ml (4 Pack) L5205 & L5232
- Smirnoff Ice Cranberry & Lime 330ml (4 Pack) L5205 & L5206 & L5232 & L5233
- Smirnoff Premium Mixed Drinks Variety Pack 330ml (12 Pack) L5137 & L5139 & L5203 & L5231
- Smirnoff Ice 330ml (12 Pack) L5210 & L5236 & L5237
- Smirnoff Ice Watermelon Mimosa 330ml (4 Pack) L5206 & L5233
- Smirnoff Ice 330ml (4 Pack) L5207 & L5208 & L5236 & L5237
- Smirnoff Ice Light 330 ml (4 Pack) L5207 & L5233 & L5234
- Smirnoff Ice 330ml (individual bottles) L5209 & L5210 & L5233
- Smirnoff Orange ScrewDriver 330ml (4 Pack) L5206 & L5207 & L5234 & L5235 & L5236
“Consumers who have purchased the particular Smirnoff Ice flavors listed above on or after July 24, 2015 should check to see if any of their purchases match the flavours and lot codes in the table above. Lot codes are located on the shoulder of the bottle. Consumers with matching lot codes should call 866-915-5949 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.”
Original source: Company Release
Canadean's "Diageo plc : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations....
Marketline's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Diageo plc (Diageo) is an alcoholic beverages company that produces, distributes, and sells spirits, beer, and wine products....
Diageo Great Britain Ltd is part of Diageo Plc, which is the largest manufacturer and distributor of spirits and a major producer of beer and RTDs, operating in more than 20 markets across the Globe....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends