GLOBAL: Diageo aims to raise US$2.5bn from bond issue
Diageo has launched a three-tranche set of bonds that will net it US$2.5bn.
The company said earlier today (9 May) that the transaction comprises $1bn at 1.5% due in May 2017, $1bn at 2.875% due in May 2022 and $500m at 4.25% due in May 2042. The fixed-rate notes have been launched under Diageo's Debt Issuance Programme.
The issuer of the 2017 bonds is Diageo Capital and the issuer of the 2022 and 2042 bonds is Diageo Investment Corporation. Payment of the principal and interest is fully guaranteed by Diageo.
The company said that the proceeds will be used “primarily for general corporate purposes”.
To read the official announcement, click here.
Like many other 'industry observers', I noted Reuters' brief chat with UB Group's Vijay Mallya at the Indian Grand Prix last weekend with interest....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research