EIRE: Diageo agrees to freeze prices
Diageo has issued a price freeze in Ireland. The drinks giant has written to its customers in the Republic of Ireland advising that it has decided to hold existing wholesale prices on its draught beer portfolio (including Guinness, Harp, Smithwicks, Budweiser and Carlsberg) until 1 June 2005.
In a statement, Diageo added that it has indicated that price adjustment at that point will be determined in the light of cost issues and market conditions then prevailing.
Diageo has indicated that it has advised its customers of its decision at this early stage in an effort to provide for greater certainty and stability in the current difficult trading environment. It is hoped that this will facilitate publicans in planning for their business for the immediate future, the company concluded.
At the end of August, an estimated 250 of Dublin's 1,000 pubs were reported to be refusing to serve certain Diageo products in protest over the drinks company's decision to raise prices in June. Diageo increased the price of its pints by an above-inflation 6c just as the smoking ban came in.
Diageo is to launch a new global advertising campaign for Smirnoff Ice. The first ad in the global campaign, 'Garden', launches in Great Britain on April 11th on terrestrial and satellite TV. ...
Diageo has completed another share buyback transaction....
Diageo's Smirnoff Signatures line of premixed cocktails is now available nationwide in the US....
Diageo is poised to cut back its presence in Germany, according to local reports....
Diageo North America has poached a senior executive from General Motors....
Carlsberg cannot compete with some of the larger global brewers when it comes to earnings, according to the Danish company's CEO....
Carlsberg is looking to invest BGL20m (US$13.2m) in upgrading one of its breweries in Bulgaria....
Shareholders of Baltika Brewery have approved a rise in 2004 dividends....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends