US: Diageo adds to Smirnoff cocktail portfolio
The drinks giant said yesterday (18 June) that its Smirnoff Cocktails Collection will be augmented by Grand Cosmopolitan and Vodka Mojito.
The Grand Cosmopolitan is a blend of Smirnoff Vodka No. 21 with Grand Marnier liqueur, cranberry juice and lime. The Mojito extension, meanwhile, is an interpretation of the Cuban Mojito, made with Smirnoff No. 21 vodka, lime and mint flavours, "and other quality ingredients", the company said.
The Smirnoff Grand Cosmopolitan is available nationally in the off-trade, while the Smirnoff Vodka Mojito is limited to the north-east and will be available nationally later this year. Both products will be available in 750ml and 1.75-litre bottles, retailing at around US$12.99 and $19.99 respectively.
Rising raw material costs have been a feature of numerous companies' results over the past few months. As Jessica Harvey writes, some companies have been able to bolster themselves against this trend ...
Carlsberg has admitted that it is "considering" its position on the pending auction of Vin & Sprit....
Diageo has hit back at criticism that its responsible drinking campaign, currently running on UK television, is actually glamourising excessive drinking....
Diageo has unveiled an extension of its Bushmills Irish whiskey stable, to coincide with the first global advertising campiagn for the brand....
Diageo North America is offering a special gift option for the Johnnie Walker Blue Label ultra-premium Scotch whisky brand, which will allow consumers to have a custom engraving on the bottles....
The Swedish government has decided to sell Vin & Sprit by auction, with cash appearing to be the deciding factor....
Britvic Soft Drinks has unveiled plans to launch a new flavoured juice drink to the UK on-trade in the run-up to Christmas....
Pernod Ricard has kept quiet over speculation that it plans to buy a Ukrainian vodka brand....
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Pay freeze anger threatens Carlsberg UK site
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research