UK: Diageo adds extra country offerings to Blossom Hill
The drinks giant's UK wine arm, Percy Fox, announced today (25 February) that six news wines from three other wine-producing countries are set to launch in the country in the coming weeks.
The Blossom Hill selection will comprise a Pinot Grigio and a Montepulciano d'Abruzzo from Italy, a Sauvignon Blanc and a Cabernet Sauvignon from Chile, and a Chenin Blanc and a Shiraz from South Africa.
"When we speak to consumers, we find that they are keen to explore new wine regions and try new wines, but they often lack confidence and end up buying the same wines every time," said Erin Hurst, innovations manager at Percy Fox. "The aim of the new Blossom Hill range is to give people the confidence to try new wines, with the reassurance that such a well-known and loved brand gives."
The range, which will be sealed under screwcap, will be positioned just above the core varietal range of Californian wines at between GBP5.49 (US$10.81) and GBP5.99. Off-trade listings include Tesco and Asda, with Tesco stocking the wines from the end of this week, while wholesaler Coors will offer the range to the UK on-trade.
Gloomy talk of a global economic slowdown have so far failed to dilute growth in the US vodka category. One of the better known contenders in the segment - if only for its ocean blue-coloured bottle -...
The South African whisky market grew by an estimated 16.2% in 2007 to over 3.5m cases. According to The IWSR's South Africa Wine and Spirits 2008 report, growth was largely driven by Jameson, Jack Dan...
Diageo is looking to take a more active role in Masterstroke whisky, the brand jointly launched by Diageo and Radico Khaitan in India last year....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Diageo is extending the availability of its Johnnie Walker Blue Label King George V Edition to Australia....
Cocktail mixer specialist Stirrings is unveiling its first digital advertising campaign in the US....
Diageo has announced a category-wide campaign in a bid to maximise spirit sales in the UK this Autumn....
Guinness brewer Diageo Ireland has strongly denied claims that it is abusing its beer market dominance, as angry farmers marched on the drinks group's Dublin headquarters....
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- This week in spirits & wine
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Britvic's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Remy Cointreau sees H1 sales, profits rise
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts