UK: Dewar's brand director leaves Bacardi
The Bacardi executive who recently caused controversy in the Scotch industry by suggesting that flavourings should be permitted has left the firm suddenly.
Neil Boyd had worked for Bacardi for nine years, having spent the past four years as global brand director of Dewar's, the world's sixth biggest Scotch brand.
It is unclear what is at the root of this unexpected departure. Under Boyd's tenure, the brand has halted its slide in the US, the Dewar's portfolio has expanded, Aberfeldy single malt has been launched and the World of Dewar's visitor's centre has opened.
Boyd is understood to be looking for new opportunities within the Scotch whisky industry.
No-one was available for comment at Bacardi when contacted by just-drinks today (15 June).
Carlsberg has admitted that it is "considering" its position on the pending auction of Vin & Sprit....
India's UB Group is looking to buy the US distribution rights for Dalmore Single Malt from Beam Global Spirits & Wine, according to local reports....
William Grant & Sons has created an exclusive expression of The Balvenie malt whisky for France's biggest airport retailer, Aelia....
Single malt whisky brand The Glenrothes is launching a 25-year-old expression as a travel retail exclusive....
Orkney Scotch whisky distillery Highland Park has launched a 21-year-old variant for the travel retail market....
Diageo North America is offering a special gift option for the Johnnie Walker Blue Label ultra-premium Scotch whisky brand, which will allow consumers to have a custom engraving on the bottles....
The Swedish government has decided to sell Vin & Sprit by auction, with cash appearing to be the deciding factor....
Pernod Ricard has kept quiet over speculation that it plans to buy a Ukrainian vodka brand....
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review